Two new long-term visas have launched in Abu Dhabi.
A new programme known as Thrive has now been launched in UAE’s capital allowing all talented professionals, students and investors to settle down with their families.
As per the initiative’s criteria, certain sectors including culture, healthcare, research and development (R&D), real estate and other special talent sectors will be considered eligible for the Golden Visa.
Thrive #InAbuDhabi launches, with long-term visas and paths to citizenship to empower talent working, creating and studying to make the emirate their home, contributing to growth in #AbuDhabi’s priority sectors. pic.twitter.com/GVzFBS5SlT
— مكتب أبوظبي الإعلامي (@admediaoffice) February 11, 2021
A breakdown, per the TAMM Golden Visa website, of the criteria includes the following.
10-year Investor Visa
- A minimum Dhs2 million capital deposit in an investment fund/bank account inside Abu Dhabi.
- Established a company of Dh2 million or more in Abu Dhabi or a partner in an existing or a new company with a financial contribution of at least Dh2 million.
- Own a company that regularly pays federal government taxes of Dhs250,000 per year or more.
- Be a partner in a company that pays federal taxes, with a financial contribution of at least Dhs250,000 in taxes per year or more.
- Investments must be retained for at least two years after the visa has been issued.
5-year Real Estate Visa
- Invest in a property of a gross value of not less than Dh2 million.
- If the property or portfolio of properties are mortgaged, the minimum cash down payment of Dhs2 million of the value is required to be eligible for the visa.
- The investment must be retained for at least two years after the visa is issued.
Entrepreneurs can get a 5-year visa if:
- An existing project with a capital of a minimum of Dhs500,000
- An approved accredited business incubator in Abu Dhabi
High School students can get a 5-year visa if:
- They’ve achieved high grades from a high school in Abu Dhabi.
- Have a recommendation from the Ministry of Education
University graduates can get a 10-year visa if:
- It’s from an accredited university in Abu Dhabi
- The student has a cumulative GPA of at least 3.8